Te screws of the bearing covers were completely sheared off, probably from vibrational damage.
Replaced the old bearings with new SKF 6200-2RSH ones.
The screws holding the bearing cover were of an odd dimension, either imperial or something like M3.5.
I decided to rethread the inner plate to M4, so I can use standard screws. To do this I used a 3.5mm reamer to clean up the hole and re-threaded it to M4.
Cleaning up some mess
My hand press wasn’t high enough to fit the stator under, so I had to abuse my drill press to press the bearings and small steel rings in. Unfortunately this left some marks on the steel ring, so I cleaned this up (taking off ~10um) on the lathe.
The connection box is interesting in that it doesn’t provide a seal or gasket but instead relies on milled surfaces to achieve water tightness. I cleaned these up with a scouring pad.